Monday, June 16, 2014

Boredom - Naomi

I have just arrived in Delaware where I will be spending two weeks on the beach. We (my three siblings, my parents and I) drove 12 hours from New England and arrived around 12:00 AM. I am now sitting on the couch at my grandparent's beach house writing this.

While I was trying to figure out what to write, I took a walk to the beach and then wandered around the house pretty bored, as I am not massively interested in soccer which was the main available entertainment at the time. So, long story short, I decided to write about what to do when you are bored. 

There are many degrees of boredom. If you have first degree boredom you can generally find something interesting to do and stop being bored. If you have second degree boredom you can still save your day but you are more likely to slip into third degree. If you have third degree boredom, you are basically in an apathetic slump and even the things you love to do otherwise hold no appeal. (I made up The Degrees of Boredom).

If you are bored you could:

1. Play games on Sporcle.com

2. Make a Stumbleupon.com account or go on zenhabits.net
3. Start a hobby, learn a language (duolingo.com), do an art project.
4. Watch an old episode of your favorite tv show or a movie.
5. Exercise or just go outside and people watch.
6. Invite a friend or someone you want to be friends with over.

Au revoir & Carpe Diem - Naomi

P. S. please comment and/or +1 so we know someone actually reads this 

No comments:

Post a Comment