Saturday, June 21, 2014

It isn't what we say or think - Louise

Whoops! It's waaaaay later than I meant to post! Sorry everyone... I've been out all day though.
So I shopped today, whatever, but before that was the interesting part... For my school we need a couple hours of community service a year, so I agreed to volunteer with my mother at a colonial fair type thing. (My step-dad works at a historical society, we're not just weird). Anyway, I spent my morning selling cookies and something that sounds yummy but isn't, Rhubarb coolers. The selling wasn't horrible, but it was the clothes. They dressed me up like a colonial woman (I looked ridiculous), and the whole time there was a steady drone of drums and fifes. Whatever, over and done.

Now for a few updates:

  • The monster mother is still hounding me all the time! She keeps changing her mind about the days and the times, but as much as I would love to quit, that would screw her over, and she's paying me a ton.
  • The Inn still hasn't called. I got one text (the guy said he preferred texting) saying they would let me know next week.
AUUUG all these flaky people! 

Ok now for a brighter subject! I LOVE Jane Austen. She is my absolute favorite author. Her books are so well written and sooo romantic, and perfect... I must say, it sets a girls sights a little high... I really just love anything Austen though, so I started reading Austenland yesterday! I finished my other book and promptly started and I'm in love! The girl, Jane Hayes, is so me... So high recommendation right here, the book is awesome so far, and I love the movie! JJ Field is gorgeous, and I think it's perfect that they chose a hero from an Austen movie to play his part... :) <3 

So after reading for a while, it was almost bedtime, so I watched my beloved Pride & Prejudice (the Keira Knightly one... I loooove Matthew Macfayden, Colin Firth too, how can you not love Colin). I was half crying about 5 times during the movie and swooning for the rest. Enjoy the pictures!

"It isn't what we say or think that defines us, but what we do."
      -Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility (My favorite Austen novel. Yes, I have read them all.)




From me to you,
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment