Thursday, June 12, 2014

The capacity for friendship -Louise

Let's talk about family. Most people say they have a crazy family but I kind of think crazy is the new normal. 

My family is big. Four kids (Three girls and a boy) mom, dad, step-dad, and a huge extended family! The oldest (a girl) is in college, and she's around 12 hours away, funny, actually she's coming home today for the first time in probably two years! The second girl, is also in college, but she lives at home, and works full time, so I don't see too much of her, my brother is graduating high school this week! That leaves me, the baby. Just a freshman in high school, nothing too special yet, but here I come! Now that's the kids of my genetic family, but what about the others? I know I'm not the only one out there who considers their friends family. Elizabeth, and Naomi are family to me, and like family we fight like crazy sometimes but at the end of the day, we love each other and hopefully always will. Remember that family, whether blood or not, should always love each other, especially in the tough times. 

“The capacity for friendship is God's way of apologizing for our families.” 
― Jay McInerney

From me to you,
-Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment