Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Life was beginning over again with summer -Louise

Hello darlings, isn't summer wonderful! Really! The first day I had to do some work but the past two I've been happily lazing around, getting a ton of reading done, and enjoying my summer home! It's quite windy on the lake today, so I happily woke to the sound of my wind chimes, and the tiny, lake waves. I was all rainbows and butterflies until I looked at my cell phone to see yet another text from Her. She is the worst type of mother to babysit for!

Last week a friend of mine set me up with a woman who was looking for a babysitter for a week this summer while she does some sort of training course or something, and I happily accepted the offer after working a few things out. Now I'm signed up to babysit a rather crazy, rather obnoxious, four year old from 8 to 5, five days in a row! I met the kid, and she was fine, I can handle crazy and obnoxious and the mom seemed fine too, but then it started. She's such a flake! Everyday she texts me with a change of plans, "can you do this and this?? Oh! Never mind  this and this would be better!" AUUUUG. She is driving me nuts. The best part is, she's so fake about things I want. I'm also trying to get a job working as a hostess at an inn near my house this summer, and I went in to interview on Wednesday, and they're supposed to call me back by Saturday. I told her this. I told her because she wanted to change the week I'm working, and I told her I couldn't give her an answer until the inn called back because I told them about my babysitting job, and she was all: "OOOh good for you! Wow that's awesome!" I told her I would let her know what I could do when they called back (this was all yesterday) and I wake to a text from her this morning detailing a whole new schedule ending with: "I'm hoping you'll feel that once the restaurant hasn't gotten back to you yet for this week, it's safe to go ahead and plan." WHAT. NO. I do not as a matter of fact, feel like saying 'screw you' to a job that I want more, and I could have all summer... I haven't replied to Her yet, but I have gotten three more texts, saying things such as "ok?" and "Are you thinking about it?"... I think I will let her stew for a while longer... ;) 

"And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with summer."
      -F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

From me to you,
Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment