Wednesday, July 2, 2014

20 Books Teenagers Should Read - Naomi

This is a list of books I think teens should read; I am trying hard not to be cliché. They are not necessarily in order of best or my favorites, I just added each one as I thought of it.
  1. The Fault in Our Stars and other books by John Green (Looking For Alaska, Paper Towns, etc.)
  2. Harry Potter series - You have probably read the series but if you have not read them yet please at least read the first book to try it. I read them later than everyone in my class because I didn't think that I would like them, how wrong I was. My love of the books has outlasted that of all my friends who read them around the same time and I have read them all multiple times (my geekish side)
  3. The Hobbit and Lord of The Rings trilogy by JRR Tolkein
  4. The Perks of Being A Wall Flower by Stephen Chbosky
  5. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  6. Cinder (and the rest of the Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer
  7. If they're not to hard for you to follow, all of Jane Austen's Novels (Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion, Northanger Abbey and Emma among others)
  8. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë, I read this as a school assignment and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it; it is my favorite "old fashioned" book.
  9. Animal Farm by George Orwell
  10. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (I have not actually read this but I hear it's good and I intend to read it.)
  11. The Alchemist by Paul Coehlo
  12. All books by Wendy Mass but especially Every Soul a Star, 11 Birthdays, Finally 13 Gifts and The Last Present.
  13. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
  14. Any series by Tamora Pierce (try to read them in order, the series' connect to each other)
  15. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
  16. A Curse Dark as Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce
  17. Seven Day Magic by Edward Eager
  18. Dairy Queen, The Off Season, Heaven is Paved With Oreos, Front and Center and Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Murdock
  19. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
  20. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Please suggest additional books or criticize my selections in the comments.

Au revoir & Carpe Diem - Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment