Monday, July 28, 2014

Work Study - Naomi

I am nearing the end of my bedroom renovation; my exchange student arrives in less than a month! I have been neglecting my language practice but I have a feeling that my laziness will come back to bite me when I am in Germany trying to figure out how to ask a question in class or keep up a conversation. I just found out that I will be required to do four weeks of work-study while I am there. Instead of school for four weeks I will be apprenticing to learn a trade (very old-fashioned sounding, I know). I don't know what the options are or what I will choose but if it is a possibility I might want to work in a bakery or Konditorei as it is called over there. The downside to apprenticing as a baker would be having to get up around 4:30 or 5:00 am every day because all of the baking is done in the early morning so people can come get breakfast on their way to work or school. I will keep you posted on what happens.

Au revoir & Carpe Diem - Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment