Thursday, July 17, 2014

My Athletic Failings - Naomi

Today is my one day off from work this week, so I slept in. After I got up I started rereading Dairy Queen by Catherine Gilbert Murdock which, since the main character is all athletic and hard working, made me feel kind of guilty for sitting around all day in the summer and never exercising. Come fall I have to start up cross-country to fulfill my sports/gym requirement for school. I don't play any other sports because I am utterly unathletic (I don't think that's a word) but I would like to not be the very worst on the cross-country team because that's just super embarrassing. So I promised myself that after I got back from family vacation in Delaware (that was two weeks ago) I would run every day. Guess how often my unmotivated self has gone running this summer? Never. So basically my chances of failing are increasing daily as my lack of motivation persists. Any suggestions for motivational forces to make me run rather than watch Netflix?

Proof that success is possible:


During the 2012 Olympics I watched most of the women's gymnastics competitions which resulted in me spending two weeks being depressed and wishing I could be a gymnast, which I obviously can't; non-flexible, non-athletic, clumsy and very tall does not equal gymnast or dancer for that matter, I've tried. So anyway that's all for now... I've just spent half an hour looking up ancient female warriors. The results are quite interesting, if you like this kind of thing you should do a few google searches, you'll learn some cool stuff and hopefully be inspired.

Au revoir & Carpe Diem - Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment