Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Art is not what you see -Louise

Good morning darlings! I have just recently met the day really, and it feels lovely. I am in DC with two of my cousins (the ones I will be living with in France) and a friend of theirs. Yesterday we hit somme museums on the mall, and I believe we might be going to a shopping mall today! We have really just been hanging out and getting to know each other again after the some three years since we last saw each other.

Today, considering how much time I have spent there in the last weeks, I have decided to talk about the Smithsonian. The Smithsonian is a huge network of museums all surrounding the Mall (a huge patch of grass), at one end lies the Capitol, and the other, the Washington Monument. The museums are all full of gorgeous artwork, of bits of history. I would say  my favorite museum is the Museum of American History, because I love how much there is to see, and I especially love the dress wing, which has a dress from each of the First Ladies. The other museums such as Air and Space, Natural History, The National Gallery of Art (both amazing buildings) and the American Indian museum are all wonderful too. Really, if you haven't been I highly recommend going. Also the movies, Night at the Museum, and Night at the Museum 2 feature the Smithsonian.

"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see."
    -Edgar Degas (there is a Degas exhibit in the Smithsonian right now)


From me to you,
     -Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment